Friday, May 29, 2009

Purified Water generator unit

Let me first declare that I'm not getting any rewards for writing this, but I can't refute TK Lee that he indeed has a good and simple, yet a complete and rugged product to generate a consistently high quality of Purified Water BP/USP.
[Note: TK Lee is the Malaysian agent for Christ products]

See the picture on the right. Yes, it's none others than Christ's Osmotron Pro Unit. I saw this during the Achema 2009. Well... they do have other better models, but just take a look at this one first.
It is neatly arranged, short pipework, yet easy access to critical components making maintenance and monitoring work very easy. Your engineer will love this piece of equipment.

It is designed to include softener as pre-treatment, other than the usual filtrations , RO (reverse osmosis) and an EDI (electro deionization). You are damned sure you can easily get the water conductivity and the low microbial load that you require. Getting conductivity below 1.0 micro-siemen per cm is no big deal for this guy. Do you know that micro-organisms can't stay alive in an EDI, unless they comes from planet Mars. Hehehe..... just pulling your leg on that planet Mars issue, but it is a fact that EDI also kills all micro-organisms. I'll try to write something about this EDI in my future blog so you'll know how exactly it works.
The necessary monitoring instruments are all in place for this Osmotron, and what further amaze me is its ability to stay 'alive'. Yes, it has a system to recirculate the purified water when there is no demand from the points of use. This drastically reduce the risk of microbial proliferation or bio-film formation within the generator unit itself. And this is done automatically.... No worries mate.

Unfortunately, I somehow tends to equate this Osmotron to a Ferrari, in contrast to what I used to have when I worked in a pharma industry. My old unit was more like a Proton Waja...... cheap with basic function, but doesn't 'run' like a Ferrari... and we cannot afford a Ferrari back then. =(
Actual cost of this Osmotron.....? Well, I dare not ask for the price unless the need arise. TK Lee said it's not expensive comparing to what it can do..... It sounds like a familar sales talk, but I do concur with him. Price is relative and subjective. I would prefer a water generator that can guarantee me the water quality I wanted, rather than worrying on a cheap unit.
Yes, someone out there mention qualification....? That's a piece of cake to these guys at Christ. What more with this simple Osmotron unit, their technician won't even sweat!
I won't say more. If you want more info, or know the actual price, just let me know and I'll give you TK Lee's mobile no. He'll be glad to hear from you. Maybe, I will spend more time with him on this matter... soon.

Azman AJ.




No comments:

Post a Comment